- Senior Software Engineer, Patch Media — Jun 2020 - Present — New York, NY
- Build features and improvements for the patch CMS and website that have a meaningful impact on how our editors & users use our product
- Act as a technical lead, mentor peers and ensure institutional knowledge is disseminated correctly
- Define a future for migrating legacy systems to a more scalable and efficient system that will help Patch scale in the future
- Senior Software Engineer, Pointman — Mar 2017 - May 2020 — Buffalo, NY
- Designed and built Pointman's Payment integration from scratch, which involved scoping out requirements, writing a cordova plugin to interact with Mobile Payment SDKs, writing API wrapper libraries in Node.js, .NET platforms & integrating with multiple web and cordova apps.
- Improved the team's ability to rapidly deliver new product features by replacing Pointman's legacy UI build process with a fast, standardized CLI process using Node.js and webpack. This also involved writing custom codemod scripts for Pointman's codebase, with jscodeshift.
- Spearheaded the migration from AngularJS to Vue.js by creating a "Vue base" inside the app and leading a 2-member team to migrate an existing feature. This allowed the team to iterate quickly and write bug free code.
- Automated deployment processes by setting up CI/CD pipelines for Pointman's Web, Mobile and API projects using Azure DevOps, which empowered the team to build and ship features faster than ever.
- Fostered a mindset of learning and collaboration by mentoring new engineers, performing in-depth code reviews and leading pair programming sessions.
- Modernized Pointman's legacy application by systematically rewriting critical parts of it to be more resilient, faster & easier to maintain, resulting in a more stable user experience with reduced bugs.
- Software Engineer Intern, Argyle Technology Group — May 2016 - Aug 2016 — Buffalo, NY
- Ideated and built the first version of MemoryFox, a platform for aggregating crowd-sourced social media content at events.
- Software Developer, Cognizant Technology Solutions — Jun 2011 - Jul 2015 — India
- Architected & built a mobile app platform with infrastructure for hosting internal "micro" mobile web apps. Built with cordova, AngularJS, ASP.NET Web API & SQL Server, this platform was used by over 10,000 employees daily.
- MS, Computer Science, University At Buffalo, SUNY — 2015 - 2017Relevant Courses: Distributed Systems, Programming Languages
- BE, Electrical Engineering, Anna University — 2007 - 20110
- Frameworks & libraries: React.js, Vue.js, AngularJS, GatsbyJS, Cordova, Redux, VueX, Express.js, Mocha, chai.js, jest, styled-components, emotion, Entity Framework 6, ASP.NET Web API 2
- Tools: webpack, Parcel.js, jscodeshift
- CI/CD: Azure DevOps, AppVeyor, CircleCI, GitHub Actions
Last Updated on Jun 26, 2022